Grandparenting is an introduction to the topic of grandparenting from a biblical perspective. If you are looking for a practical primer that is quick and easy to read, then this is your book.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Cultural Messages
1. Influencing Grandchildren for Christ
A Life that Reflects Christ in Every Way
2. Recognizing Culture’s Role for Grandparents
Three Messages Every Grandparent Must Reject
3. Giving Season
By Valerie Bell, President of Awana
Part 2: God’s Design
4. An Introduction to Grandparenting
Four Biblical Truths Every Grandparent Must Know
5. Where Should I Start?
Applying Deuteronomy 4:9
6. What is the Biblical Role of a Grandparent?
Grandparenting is Discipleship
7. God’s Vision for Your Family from Psalm 78
How to Be an Intentional Grandparent
8. Three Deficiencies in Christian Families
An Opportunity for Grandparents
9. The Six Most Important Lessons I’ve Learned as a Grandparent
By Cavin Harper, President of The Christian Grandparent Network
Part 3: Discipleship Practices
10. Discipleship Practices Every Grandparent Can Do (Part 1)
Four Biblical Methods to Implement
11. Discipleship Practices Every Grandparent Can Do (Part 2)
Four More Biblical Methods to Implement
12. Intentional Grandparenting
By Joe and Pam Mulvihill, Grandparents of 16
Part 4: Strengthening Relationships
13. Developing Strong Relationships
Six Characteristics of an Influential Grandparent
14. Factors that Impact Relationships
Three Ways to Increase Intimacy
15. Gospel Shaped Grandparenting
Five Statements that Can Transform Your Family
16. Grandparent Declaration
By Larry Fowler, Founder of The Legacy Coalition
Conclusion: Final Thoughts
Appendix A: What is the Responsibility of a Grandchild to a Grandparent?
Many powerful voices are influencing your grandchildren, from those at home and in school to those in the world of entertainment and media. What can you do to speak wisdom and truth into their lives?
Grandparenting gives you a biblical foundation for investing spiritually in your grandchildren and walks you through principles of influencing them for Christ-from sharing the Gospel with unbelieving grandchildren to discipling them to a mature faith in Jesus. Josh Mulvihill, a leading expert on Christian grandparenting and an experienced pastor, explains the role of a grandparent according to the Bible, discipleship practices, and biblical principles to strengthen family relationships.
Perfect for individuals, small groups, or Sunday school classes, this book gives you the tools you need to intentionally influence grandchildren for Christ.
Your grandchildren need you-and not just as a companion or baby-sitter. God designed you to pass on a rich heritage of faith in Christ and make a difference in their lives.